Gazette Ceases Publication: Donates Archives to LHS

In 2010, the Larchmont Gazette ceased publication. In 2011 the publishers donated all contents to the Larchmont Historical Society, which will continue to make the Gazette archives available online.

All inquiries should be addressed to the Larchmont Historical Society.

Comments closed

Three Teens Face Felony Charges for Manor Park Assault

(Updated: May 28, 2009) Larchmont Police Department detectives have arrested three youths in the May 8, 2009 assault against a Mamaroneck High School student near Manor Park.

Public Information Officer Antonino Rigano said in a press release on Friday morning, May 22 that interviews with “numerous persons present in the area” of Manor Park that night have led to the arrest of two 17-year-olds from Mamaroneck Village and a 15-year-old from Harrison.

volpolicebadgePolice declined to identify the youths, but Larchmont Village Court papers identify the two older teens as Mark Pugliese and Paul Lauro. They both reside in the Rye Neck School District.

According to court records, the two chased the victim, Sam Sawyer, and “punched him with closed fist about the face causing him to fall to the ground.”

They then “began kicking the victim while he was on the ground causing the victim to sustain multiple jaw fractures.”

The suspects were arrested on May 20 and 21, according to Lieutenant Rigano.  They were arraigned in Larchmont Justice Court on May 21 on charges of assault in the second degree with intent to cause serious physical injury. This is a Class D felony under New York State law.  They were released on bail. The 15-year-old was referred to the Westchester County Department of Probation.

The investigation into the acts of vandalism in Manor Park that night is continuing.


The assault is alleged to have occurred in the vicinity of 88 Park Avenue “on or about 10:15 pm” on May 8. (See:  Park Attack May Have Occurred Before Police Called.)

At 10:15 pm, the Larchmont police responded to two separate calls from nearby residents complaining of large numbers of youths congregating in the road on Park Avenue. The police dispersed the youth and made a cursory search of the area.

However, they did not learn of the assault until many hours later when they received a call from the hospital. Widespread vandalism in the park was not detected until Saturday morning.

A private security guard had been on duty in Manor Park until 10 pm on May 8.

PrintFriendlyTwitterGoogle GmailYahoo MailShare

Related Articles:

  • No Related Articles Found

Sorry, comments are closed.