The Gazette isn’t a blog, but we do now offer a popular blogging feature: comments.
On most of our articles, you’ll be able to leave a comment, reply to other comments, and subscribe to receive email updates when there are new comments in a discussion you’re following.
Registration is easy, free, and quick. Here’s what happens:
- Go to the registration page, here.
- Enter your preferred username (please, no silly or junky “handles,” just a friendly nickname or your first name or first and last names) and password.
- Enter your email address (for activation), town, and how you found us (optional).
- Accept our “house rules” for civil behavior.
- Enter the “prove you’re a human” text.
- Submit, and go and check your email account for our activation email.
- Click on the link there, and that’s it! You’re done. Just login with the username and password you chose.
Now you’ll be able to post comments, and you can also visit your “dashboard” area and change your password, add a bit of information about yourself, if you like.
We’re committed to open communication, to the free exchange of ideas. We’re also committed to civil and respectful discourse. When you post here, it’s as though you’re having a conversation in our home, and we expect you to behave as you would when you’re speaking face-to-face with your friends and neighbors. Lively discussion is encouraged; abusive language and personal attacks are not, and will not be tolerated.
Note: if you are already a subscriber to our weekly newsletter, you will still need to register as above to use the comments feature. We hope to integrate the two functions at some point.