The Village of Larchmont, which was founded in 1891, will be returning to the days of old for three weekends this December, with free sleigh rides, candle-lit streets, roasted chestnuts, hot chocolate and elves to delight visitors of all ages.
Real Reindeer At Winter Festival: December 13
On Sunday, December 13, a Village-wide Winter Festival, sponsored by the Village Recreation Committee, will be held from 2-5 pm. Parts of Palmer and Larchmont Avenues will be closed and turned into pedestrian malls. Children can see live reindeer – up close and personal – and decorate cupcakes and ginger bread to the music of the Sts. John and Paul school choir. Stores will be open, restaurants will have special holiday offerings, and strollers will be asked to vote on their favorite window displays.
Saturday Sleigh Rides
On three consecutive Saturdays – December 5, 12 and 19th – a horse-drawn sleigh, accompanied by carolers, will make continuous rides around the Village, circling from Palmer Avenue to the Boston Post Road and back again. Visitors may park for free at the Larchmont train station on Saturdays and take the sleigh to visit their favorite restaurants and stores throughout the Village.
The events, coordinated by the Larchmont Chamber of Commerce, are designed to take the stress out of the season and to help families recapture the spirit of the holidays.
- Many stores will offer free gift wrapping on all presents.
- Restaurants are cooking up special meals and drinks in keeping with the season
- Choosing the right gift will be easier as merchants enable visitors to create “wish lists.”
- Many stores will be open late Thursday nights and on Sunday.
- Raffles will be held for gift bags filled with local merchandise.
“Everyone in the Village has come together to make this season as enjoyable and relaxing as possible,” said MaryAnn Mancino, vice president of the Chamber and owner of Mancino Custom Tailors. She thanked the many sponsors who make the events possible, including:
- Chatsworth Tax
- Choice Copy & Card Cente
- Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
- The Coughlin Group
- EJB Communications
- Houlihan Lawrence-Larchmont
- Julia B. Fee Sotheby’s International Realty
- Merritt Associates
- Silver & Brelia, CPA
- TD Bank-Larchmont
- Village of Larchmont Recreation Committee
The Larchmont Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to promoting the business and civic interests of the Village of Larchmont. For more information about the Larchmont Chamber, see www.larchmontchamber.com or call 914.882.1568.