We are all connected, one way or another – it is wonderful to be able to share our talents and help make a difference,” said Gisele Guerrero, owner of Gisele’s Salon at 141 Larchmont Avenue, in Larchmont.
On Sunday, March 7th, from 10 am to 5 pm, Ms. Guerrero and her staff will be making a difference by sponsoring a Hair for Haiti Cut-a-Thon. All cuts are $50, and all proceeds from this event will go to Midwives for Haiti, a non-profit organization that sends certified nurse midwives to Haiti in order to teach essential skills to traditional birth attendants.
This will be on a first come basis. To book an appointment, call (914) 834 -1700 or walk-in, and you will be handled by the next available stylist.
Hair for Haiti Cut-a-Thon is is only the latest charitable effort by the salon. Recently, they have been giving free hair cuts at the New Rochelle Hope Community Center, throwing a fundraiser for the Hope Chest of Westchester, partnering with the Junior League and doing makeovers for the Hispanic Resource Center, among other initiatives. (See: Gisele Stylists Give Needy A New Do for the New Year.)
“ We have all been moved by the stories of devastation that have flooded the networks over the past few months, and now, more than ever, Haitian women need your help,” said Deidre Hackman. She urged local residents to “be part of the solution.”
“If you honor the health of women and children and you believe that Haitian parents and babies deserve access to a safe medical facility and supportive, well-trained providers, please come to our Hair for Haiti Cut-a-Thon,” she said.
As an extra incentive to participate, anyone getting a haircut and blow out on March 7 will also be entered to win an assortment of prizes, including a visit to the set of CNN’s Anderson Cooper 360 that will include meeting Mr. Cooper.
Other prizes include:
1. Massage or Facial at Addison Street Spa, in Larchmont NY.
2. A seat for one at Plates in Larchmont, NY for their Australian Wine Tasting.
3 A cut and style by Gisele at Gisele’s Salon in Larchmont, NY.
4. A lunch for two at Post Road Al House in New Rochelle, NY.
5. A gift certificate for Post Wine & Spirits in Larchmont, NY.
6. Dinner for two at Pascal’s Restaurant in Larchmont, NY.
7. A gift certificate for Turkish Meze in Mamaroneck, NY.
8. A gift certificate for Manor Park Delicatessen in Larchmont, NY.
9. A gift certificate for Soupz in Larchmont, NY.
10. A gift certificate for Auray Gourmet in Larchmont, NY.
11. A gift certificate for Sutton Flowers in New Rochelle, NY.
Midwives for Haiti are joining a team of medical professionals in an effort to build a birthing center and provide care to the local women. For more information, e-mail TanyaTringali@gmail.com or contact Midwives for Haiti Full Circle Family Care, at 1241 Mamaroneck Avenue, White Plains, NY 10605.
The salon is also collecting donations in any amount in cash or check Midwives for Haiti.