Clearly no one likes the idea of cutting salaries in the field of education; however here are a few short suggestions to freeze real estate taxes for the next five years with regards to education.
- All incomes under $ 50,000 would recive 2% increases.
- Incomes from $ 50,000 to $ 100,000 would have salaries frozen for five years.
- All incomes from $ 100,000 to $ 150,000 would take a 10% pay cut.
- Incomes over $ 150,000 would take a 15% pay cut.
- Anyone making over $ 200,000 would take a 20% pay cut.
These salaries would be held for five years until the real estate market picks up. But currently, with declining values and a weak job market, it is hard to believe that anyone could ask for an increase in taxes.